Children's Miracle Network Hospitals®
Celebrating more than 30 years and $125 million raised for local kids!
Dairy Queen® loves kids. Whether its kids' sports teams celebrating at our restaurants after games, children enjoying dinner with their parents or teenagers visiting for cool treats at the end of a date, DQ® and kids go hand in hand. And if these cherished youngsters ever become sick or injured, we want to help assure they have the best medical care available. That's why the DQ system has been a proud national partner of Children's Miracle Network Hospitals (CMN Hospitals) since 1984.
Over more than 30 years, DQ operators and fans throughout the United States and Canada have raised more than $125 million for CMN Hospitals.
From collecting fans’ pocket change to selling paper Miracle Balloons and holding special events like Miracle Treat Day, our support enables us to give something back to the communities in which we do business.
Children's Miracle Network Hospitals is an international nonprofit organization dedicated to generating funds and awareness programs to benefit kids treated at 170 children's hospitals throughout North America. CMN Hospitals raises funds through innovative cause-marketing promotions and other programs developed to meet the business objectives of its sponsors. CMN Hospitals' hallmark is that 100 percent of locally generated donations stay in the community to benefit kids treated at the local CMN Hospital.
CMN Hospitals represent the premier pediatric healthcare facilities in their respective communities, treating children of all afflictions, including cancer, birth defects, accidents and muscular and cardiovascular diseases. These facilities, which provide care based on filling the needs of families rather than on their ability to pay, treat more than 17 million kids each year.Make a donation to local kids today!
Helping Children & Families Most in Need
International Dairy Queen, Inc. (IDQ) believes in giving back to the communities in which we live, work and do business – as both a corporation and system of over 6,700 DQ restaurants in the U.S., Canada and 25 countries around the world.
Each year, the DQ Cares Program provides support to non-profit organizations in our local community, the Twin Cities, through various financial grants, volunteer efforts, and employee contributions – building long term relationships and programs to strengthen and nurture families and children that need it most in our community.
A list of local organizations who receive support from the DQ Cares program include:
Gillette Children’s Specialty Healthcare
Ongoing support for projects like the DQ Therapy Pool and DQ Family Lounge
Big Brothers Big Sisters of the Greater Twin Cities
Sponsors of annual BBBS Summer Picnic
Boys and Girls Clubs of the Twin Cities
Sponsors of the Teen Pathways Program
Sponsors of the Summer Intern Program
Support for Admin & Recruitment Costs for both MPLS & STP locations
Edina Community Foundation
Sponsors of the Edina Challenge
Miracle League of Minnesota
Sponsors of 4 Twin Cities Miracle League Fields in Minnetonka, Woodbury, Eden Prairie, and Lakeville
Pinky Swear Foundation
Sponsorship of the Orange Envelope Program
Special Olympics of MN
Sponsor of the Polar Plunge
Volunteers Enlisted to Assist People (VEAP)
Sponsors of the Youth Summer Food Program
Sponsors of the Night of Hope Event
YMCA – Beacon’s Program
Sponsors of the Youth Literacy Program and Blizzard® Treat Book Fair Event
DQ® Cares Product Grant Program
In 2017 the DQ Cares program will provide DQ product (Dilly® Bars) to Minnesota-based 501(c)3 organizations that help kids and families who need it most in the Twin Cities that have not already been served through financial grants.
Applications accepted via email between January 30 and December 16, 2017.
If your organization fits the below criteria and requirements, we welcome you to fill out an application for 2017 available grants. Your organization will receive a response within two weeks of receipt.
American Dairy Queen is seeking to support:
1. Non-profit organizations that have a focus on children and families in need most defined as:
- Creating Opportunities for Special Needs children that may not otherwise exist
- Promoting Safe, Healthy, Nurturing Environments where children can belong
- Offering Educational, Recreational and Mentor Opportunities
- Supporting Residents of Low Income Communities/Meeting Basic Needs
2. Non-profit organizations that align with our corporate Mission, Vision and Values.
3. Non-profit programs and events that focuses on the greater Twin Cities.
4. Non-profit programs and events that allow ADQ to be recognized for its contribution to the organization for greater visibility of DQ Cares in the Twin Cities community.
5. Non-profit programs and events that produce an impact within the organization and community.
Requirements for Application:
1. Your organization must be a non-profit with tax exempt status 501(c)(3).
2. Your organization must have a focus on children and families in need most.
3. Your organization must help children and their families who are located in the greater Twin Cities metropolitan area (Anoka, Carver, Dakota, Hennepin, Ramsey, Scott and Washington).
American Dairy Queen will NOT consider Grant Applications that:
1. Organizations that do not directly work with and/or benefit children (defined as less than 18 years old).
2. Support organizations outside of the greater Twin Cities metropolitan area.
- Organizations fitting this description are encouraged to contact your nearest Dairy Queen franchisee who may be willing to support your organization.
3. Support for-profit organizations.
4. Support individuals, social or religious clubs, government or political organizations, public or private schools.
DQ Cares Product Grant Application and information
All questions about the DQ Corporate Giving Program should be directed to DQ Fan Relations at (866) 793-7582.