Effective June 4, 2014
Please read this privacy statement carefully, because by using our website, you accept and agree to the terms stated below. We may change the terms of this privacy statement at any time, and your continued use of this site is your agreement to any change in terms.
Collection & Use of Information.
We collect information through our website in a couple different ways.
Information You Submit. You give us personal information when you join one of our loyalty clubs, enter one of our surveys, contests or sweepstakes, if you submit a question, comment or complaint, if you request or submit information about becoming a franchisee, if you submit an employment application, or for an online cake order. “Personal information” means any information about an identifiable individual, such as name, address, phone number, email, birth date, gender or zip code/postal code. Except with your consent or as required or permitted by law, we will use the information you submit for the purposes for which it is submitted or as otherwise described in this privacy statement. If you join one of our loyalty clubs, you may receive newsletters, email or special offers, which you may unsubscribe from at any time using the unsubscribe link at the bottom of the email.
Most of our locations are independently owned and operated franchises, and we do not own or operate these locations. Comments, questions or complaints submitted to us about a specific location will be forwarded to the franchised location, along with any contact information you provide with your comment. If you have comments regarding a specific location, we recommend you contact that location directly so that they may personally and immediately assist you. We do not guarantee the privacy practices of any specific franchised location.
We may share personal information within the DQ®/Orange Julius® family of companies, which includes American Dairy Queen Corporation, Orange Julius of America, Dairy Queen Canada Inc., Orange Julius Canada Limited and their affiliates. Information shared within the DQ/Orange Julius family will comply with this privacy statement.
Cakes ordered through our dqcakes.com website are prepared at a DQ location, which are independently owned and operated franchises. We will share your cake order information, which may include the contact information you provide, to a franchised location for purposes of tracking, responding to, and fulfilling your order.
We may share your personal information with third parties:
- To provide services to you, such as purchasing and shipping goods, or credit card processing;
- In connection with services provided to us, such as hosting, data management and storage, marketing or remarketing, website or marketing analytics, email services for our loyalty clubs, services to assist us with responding to you if you send us a comment, question, or complaint, for contest or sweepstakes administration and fulfillment, for employment application processing, and other similar services. We and our third party service providers may use servers in the U.S. or another country. Your personal information may be processed and stored in the U.S. or another country, and the government, courts, law enforcement or regulatory agencies of that country may by law be able to obtain your personal information;
- For purposes of improving your user experience across our different websites and platforms (such as our mobile app);
- We use Zipscene LLC to help us operate our mobile app and administer various activities. To learn more about how Zipscene LLC uses information you provide to us, please visit zipscene.com/privacy;
- For purposes of a merger, sale or other corporate reorganization (including professional advisors involved in completing such a transaction). You agree that any of our successors may use and disclose the information for the same purposes as described in this statement; or
- As required by law, or as needed to cooperate in or defend against any law enforcement investigation or legal proceeding.
We may share aggregated demographic information (data that cannot identify an individual person) with our third party vendors and advertisers.
If you participate in a contest or sweepstakes, we may publish information about you such as your name, city of residence or prize winnings.
California Do Not Track Disclosures
California’s Business and Professions Code section 22575 requires us to disclose how we respond to “do not track” signals. We currently take no action to respond to “do not track” signals.
This website may contain links to third party websites that we do not own, including links on our website to purchase DQ or Orange Julius gift cards or merchandise. We are not responsible for the privacy practices of these other sites, and we encourage you to read the privacy statements of every website that collects personal information from you. This privacy statement applies solely to information collected by this website.
Many DQ and Orange Julius locations are independently owned and operated businesses and may have their own websites. This privacy statement does not apply to sites run by independently owned and operated locations.
We may have separate websites directed toward children. Our privacy practices regarding children will be posted on those websites.
We take security measures to protect personal information that we maintain against theft, unauthorized access, or alteration.
If you have any questions or concerns about this privacy statement, our privacy practices, or your personal information that is under our control, please contact us at:
Attn: Privacy Compliance Officer
International Dairy Queen, Inc.
7505 Metro Blvd
Minneapolis, MN 55439
Your use of this site is also subject to our Visitor Agreement.